As we continue our process of regathering on Sundays and during the week, we welcome your patience and flexibility. Click here for an updated detailed plan of Sundays and weekdays until further notice.
Let's Get Together
Our Regather Plan continues! We are following recommendations from the State of Kansas, Johnson County, and the Hillcrest Covenant Church Governing Board to make it possible for individuals, families and groups to meet during the week and on Sundays. Click here for details; read on for highlights.
New time! Outdoor Worship now at 9 AM (weather permitting)
You are invited to join us on the grassy hill at Hillcrest for a casual, informal service (weather permitting). Bring your own chair or blanket and allow 6' distance between family groups. See below for new mask requirements. We will post weather-related cancellations on the homepage of our website by 8 AM.
Online Worship now at 10:45 AM.
The option to worship with us online will continue to be available every Sunday. We love having you part of our online service and consider it an important way we can still be together if you or a member of your family don't feel well, or if you're just not ready to attend church in person. You’re part of the Hillcrest family no matter where you choose to attend!
**Here’s how you can prepare and participate in the outdoor service:
1. Come as you are to the outdoor service, dress casual to be comfortable.
2. Bring your own water to keep hydrated.
3. Use the restroom before you arrive. There will be limited restrooms available.
4. Avoid hugs and handshakes and give air-fives instead.
5. Keep 6’ distance between family units.
6.Please follow the new Kansas guideline which requires masks to be worn in indoor public spaces, and at any outdoor gathering in which 6' social distancing cannot be maintained.
7. Take all trash (water bottles, song sheets) with you. There will be no trash or recycling available.
8. There will be a limited number of parking spots for those who have mobility issues and who would like to listen to the outdoor service from their vehicle. Look for the orange cones for one of eight spots.
If you or someone in your family don't feel well or have been in contact with someone who is ill, please don’t attend in-person church events at this time. We encourage you to make the best choice for you, your family and situation as you consider attending outdoor or continuing to worship online. At-risk guests should participate at their own discretion.
HCKids will not be meeting at this time. Instead, we encourage kids to worship with your family online or outdoors. Continue to connect with HCKids from home here.
HCYM MS and HS students are encouraged to worship with family online or outdoors on Sundays. Youth ministry resumes meeting maintaining 6' distancing during the week.
Weekday Groups and Gatherings
Now until further notice
No food or beverages prepared or served during this time.
How You Can Help During the Week:
- Use hand-cleaning stations at entrances.
- Maintain 6' distance between family units.
- Please follow the new Kansas guideline which requires masks to be worn in indoor public spaces, and at any outdoor gathering in which 6' social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Touchless temperature recommended.
- Bring your own water or coffee. Water fountains and coffee area will not be available.
- No food will be prepared or served.
- If you don't feel well or have health concerns, please stay at home.
- Respect differences, exhibit patience, practice flexibility.
Check back here for updates and more information as it becomes available. We’re so thankful you’re part of our Hillcrest family!
Let's Stay Informed
Keep current with the changes during our current situation from these official sites:
State of Kansas | Kansas COVID-19 Response and Recovery Updates and Ad Astra Reopen Plan.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) | The CDC is the leading national public-health organization in the U.S. and has up-to-date info on COVID-19 (coronavirus). CDC new considerations on mass gatherings.
World Health Organization (WHO) | WHO is the United Nations' agency for global public health.
Taking Care of Your Mental Health | Uncertainty and confusion can have a harmful effect on your mental health. This article from the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention gives you five ways to take care of your mental health in the face of uncertainty.