FOURTH FRIDAY CONCERTS IN FRANKLIN PARK
All of Hillcrest is invited to live music, free food and family-friendly fun from 6:30 to 8:30 PM at Franklin Park this summer.
Face painting and balloon animals with Kevo the Klown.Hot dogs, chips and soda (while supplies last) from HyVee.Check our website below after 3:30 PM on the day of the concert for any notice of cancellations.
NEXT CONCERT: Friday, June 28: Way Too Famous--New! Way Too Famous is a KC band with a classic, danceable funky pop rock sound. www.facebook.com/waytoofamous/
Friday, July 26: The Recliners--The Recliners is a classic rock band that plays favorite hits from the 60s and the 70s including classic rock, funk and soul. www.facebook.com/thereclinerskc/
Friday, August 23: The Timbers--New! Timbers plays a harmony of rock and roll, country and soul. It's the kind of songwriting that is simultaneously familiar and fresh. www.facebook.com/timberskc
Bring a neighbor!
CarePortal connects churches to local children and families in crisis.
Click here to learn more about CarePortal and how you can help.
RESERVE OUR BLOCK PARTY KIT
A block party is the perfect way for neighbors to share a meal and spend time building relationships. Hosting a block party is easy, and to help in your efforts, we have assembled the Block Party Kit (BPK).
- Bounce house with blower, tarp and extension cord
- Rectangular folding tables and (26) folding chairs
- Canopy shelters
- Five-gallon drink coolers and (1) ice chest with wheels
- Wood barricades and road closed signs
- Trailer and wheel lock
To reserve the Block Party Kit or for more information, email
BRIARWOOD ELEMENTARY PARTNERSHIP
MVPs (My Volunteer Pals) are needed to work with students every school year. Opportunities include mentoring, being a lunch buddy, classroom volunteering, or tutoring. You only need 30 minutes of availability during the school week to make an impact! To volunteer, contact
SERVE YOUR NEIGHBOR | SERVE YOURSELF
Green Bags are meeting real needs each week by providing people with non-perishable food. You can partner with us by filling and returning bags and/or taking a bag or two for yourself or someone you know in need. Here's how:
- Grab a bag and fill it with non-perishable grocery items from the list attached to the bags by the exits. (5 cans of soup, stew, or chili (any combination), 5 cans of veggies or fruit (any combination), 1 box of rice, pasta or dried potatoes, and 1 box of cereal or oats)
- Return the bag full of groceries to the rack by any exit or the one near the elevator across from the library.
- If you know of someone with a need, just grab a bag or two and deliver them. If you have a need, take some for yourself.
Neighborhood Ministry Staff
Larry Williams | Missions Pastor |
Jill Jones | Missions Assistant |