Sunday, March 26, 2023, 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Register here by March 23!
Dividing Lines Tour & Dinner Debrief | Sunday, March 26 from 3 to 6 PM
A drive through educational tour on historic segregation in Kansas City with dinner debrief to follow. Together, we'll journey through the history of segregation in the Kansas City Metro, primarily through its real estate. Nathaniel Bozarth, ethnographer and host of the “Wide Ruled” podcast, narrates this 90-minute drive, bringing in interviews from several area students and notable city figures such as Sid Willens, Bill Tammeus, Mamie Hughes and Margaret May.
We believe the only way for Kansas City to experience deep, lasting change is for there to be a fundamental Holy Spirit-led change in the hearts of individuals. Those changes happen best when we share experiences and conversation, with hearts open to what the Spirit is saying to us collectively.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Park your vehicle at Hillcrest Covenant Church, 8801 Nall Ave, Prairie Village, KS 66207
- Hop aboard one of our buses or vans and journey with others or grab a map and add your own car to our caravan. (If you are driving, please download the tour from Voicemap here.)
- Arrive by 2:55 PM. Vehicles will leave shortly after 3 PM.
- We'll return to Hillcrest around 5 PM, where we'll share a meal together and participate in casual discussions over dinner about our experiences and insights from the Dividing Lines Tour.
- All ages welcome. Remember, the Tour is roughly two hours with no stops. So, use your best judgement about whether your kids are ready for the journey.
A collaboration with Engage KC!